After those amazing Quinoa Patties, I cooked up a couple of cups of quinoa to have on hand. I still can’t believe that I’ve only known about quinoa for a few months. I apologize in advance for the many recipes that will be posted.
For lunch I added a Mediterranean spin on the Peruvian grain, which gave me the chance to try out my Devo Fig Balsamic.
- 1 c uncooked quinoa
- 2 c veggie broth
- 3 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c fresh spinach
- 2/3 c chopped Vidalia onion
- 1 tbs Devo Fig Balsamic
- 3 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbs Devo EVOO
- ¼ c fresh basil, chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Boston lettuce
- Balsamic cream for drizzle
- Bring quinoa and broth to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. (Check frequently; add more broth or water if needed.)
- In a medium bowl, stir together quinoa, tomatoes, beans, spinach and onion.
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper.
- Add to quinoa mixture.
- Add basil, avocado and cucumber.
- Place lettuce on plates and top with quinoa mixture.
- Drizzle with balsamic cream.