Again with the post-BeachBody Detox program, I keep looking for ways to mix fruits and vegetables in different combinations and different offerings. One can only eat so much mango-based salsas, drink so many agua frescas, etc.
I didn’t know that mango was the official fruit of India. Ganesha often holds a mango as a symbol of attainment, the devotees potential perfection. Perhaps a symbol of my goal to attain a healthier and balanced life.
I wanted a refreshing soup on a summer’s night. I thought the sweet, earthiness of the mango flesh would pair well with English cucumber. Another popular way to eat mango is on a stick dipped in hot chili powder and salt. I used chipotle EVOO and a dash of chili powder to some heat to my cold soup.
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- ¾ c coconut water
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 shallots
- dash of chili powder
- ¼ c Devo Olive Oil Chipotle EVOO
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Cilantro for garnish
- Place cucumber, mango, coconut water and chili powder in processor or blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Chop shallots and slice tomatoes into 4 sections.
- Place on prepared pan and drizzle with EVOO, sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Pour soup into serving dishes.
- Drizzle with EVOO and garnish with roasted tomato mixture and fresh cilantro.